The Miner’s Cabins will be available for reservation from May 25th through Labor Day weekend, and will be on a first come, first served basis from Labor Day weekend through November 25th, for the 2018 season.
The three rustic miner’s cabins are named after prominent characters from the town’s past. They are the “Carter,” “Smith” and “Condon” cabins, and are located right in the heart of historic North Bloomfield. The “Smith” Cabin offers accessibility for visitors with limited physical mobility. When making your reservations, if available, you may select which cabin to reserve.
Your stay will be “like camping with a roof over your head.” You will need bedding items for the bunk beds. There is no electricity or bathroom in the cabin. Restrooms are a short walk away.
Cabins can be reserved up to seven months in advance by calling “Reserve California” at 1-800-444-7275 or you can go to Reserve California for the reservation link. Extra vehicles will be charged $8.00 per night and fees will be collected at the park when you arrive. No tents allowed outside your cabin. Dogs are permitted in the cabins and must be leashed when outside and under control at all times. This is strictly enforced to protect the wildlife and your dog.
Each cabin features:
- Cabin size: 15′ x 20′
- Wood burning stove.
- Cold running water (turned off when freezing temperatures arrive.)
- Wooden table and benches, seats eight.
- Two sets of wooden bunk beds that sleep four adults.
- Accessible, heated restrooms with running water a short walk away. No showers available.
- Outside picnic table and fire pit with grill.
- Vehicle parking within 50 yards.
- Outside bear proof food lockers – size: 48″ wide, 30″ deep, 30″ high
For your comfort we suggest that you bring:
- Warm, layered clothing and change of shoes, rain gear (winter & spring); sun protection & bug spray.
- Sleeping pads for the wooden bunks and warm bedding (pillow and sleeping bag).
- Wood can be purchased at the park. No outside wood is allowed due to possible pest infestation. (Call for availability at the park office before you arrive.)
- Small ax, newspaper, kindling.
- Lantern and flashlight.
- Camping stove.
- Cooking and eating utensils. Dishwashing supplies.
- Mosquito Spray